Monday, August 25, 2008

Zombie laptop

Yesterday afternoon, much to my horror, my trusty laptop died. It froze up completely while I attempted to send a brief email, and then it couldn't manage to run the restart software. It just kept flashing a file folder and a question mark at me. All attempts to help it failed. In the (adapted) words of the Monty Python boys, bereft of life, it rested in peace. If I hadn't anchored it to the modem, it would have been pushing up the daisies. It had rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It was an ex-laptop.
And then it came back.
After a few hours and multiple tweakings, it suddenly came back.
It is a zombie.
And I'm a little afraid of it.
I don't know what I did to kill it, though I'm sure it has to do with an inadequate memory for the most recent software upgrades I installed. Now I'm a bit afraid to put anything else on it, like recent pictures to add to this blog. But in fear is no way to live, so I will upload photos at my own peril and hope for the best. What would this blog be without an overly detailed account of our travels? Here goes nothing! If you don't see a Singapore post here soon, you will know why.

In case you didn't understand the quote reference above, you really should watch:

No comments: