Friday, August 22, 2008

Safe and sound!

We are in Perth! After a 12 hour flight from Amsterdam to Singapore, we made a four day stopover to recover a bit from jetlag and spend a few days of vacation in a new place. Yesterday, we flew the remaining 6 hours from Singapore to Perth and arrived safe and sound to find beautiful, clear sunny skies, gorgeous temperatures (it's winter here!), and friendly faces. Now that we have internet access again (the rates charged by our hotel were too extortionate for me!), I'll be posting soon about our time in Singapore. Obviously, there will also be more to come on our new home as Perth unfolds. For now, we're off to pick up a hire car and buy some groceries. After two weeks in hotels, we are ready to eat in again!

7 comments:

De Happy Family said...

Congrats for arriving safely! Take care!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited you're back! I've been checking every day for an update :-) I can't wait to hear more about your travels and settling in.

Karly said...

Glad you are there! I've been checking daily too to see if there were any updates, and I was so happy to see one this afternoon! Can't wait to hear more about everything.

The Schutte Family said...

Glad you've arrived safely! Enjoy your time down under!

Anonymous said...

miss you love you miss you love you miss you love you miss you love you miss you love you miss you love you

mimi

Jennifer said...

Thanks, everyone! I always appreciate the comments! Makes me feel closer to home. Also makes me feel like I'm not just talking to myself here, which is a good thing.

We miss you love you miss you love you too, Mimi!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound. Can't wait to see pictures!