Saturday, August 29, 2009

Do, Re, Mi

"The Sound of Music" is one of Ellie's favorite movies, and we listen to the soundtrack in the car all the time. We've never heard it playing in a train station before, though.


We so often went to Antwerp when we were living in The Hague. Wish we'd been there on this day! Thank you, Grandpa, for sharing this wonderful clip!
For those of you wanting to know the "why" behind the happy, this was done to draw attention to a talent competition in Belgium called "Op Zoek Naar Maria" (roughly "On the look-out/search for Maria"). The winner of the competition would play the role of Maria von Trapp in the revival of "The Sound of Music" at the Efteling Theater (info courtesy of wikipedia).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, glad you and Ellie et al liked the video. Actually I arranged the whole thing with the government of Belgium just for you. I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I am so disturbed by the mushrooms I can't think.

Love Grandpa

P.S. Are the mushroom edible?

Jennifer said...

We must have watched that video at least a dozen times in the first 5 hours after you sent the link. Thanks, Grandpa! And I'm disturbed by the mushrooms too, believe me. They are going to take up weeks of my life, since I'm going to insist the owners remove the carpet and replace the baseboards and flooring. The carpet is still damp, so the source of the problem is not gone. I cannot have more mold, fungus and related spores in our home. We have two little kiddos and two grown-ups who prefer a healthy environment, especially at the rent level we pay!

schlelly said...

OMG! That made me cry here in the office... darn mascara! How fantastic! I've read that this type thing going on: http://ImprovEverywhere.com/ They even had over 200 people freeze in place in NYC Grand Central Station! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo If I had a choice I'd definitely have chosen the performance in Antwerp! Kudos Grandpa!