Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blessed

I woke up this morning with another (the same?) cold, this time with all the obvious symptoms: sore throat, cough, headache, etc. Markus recognized my need to sleep in and took the girls out for a fun morning along the beach to ensure peace in the house. They came home again, smiling and happy. We enjoyed cups of tea in the sunshine and put baby Stephanie down for her nap, where she snoozes still. Markus and Ellie are playing in the cubby house. She carefully carried out her tea set and prepared him delicious tea and a birthday party. I could hear chants of "Hip hip HOORAY!" floating across the backyard. Then more trips into the house for Lolo, Lolo's crib, Lolo's favorite books...signs of a busy little girl making the cubby house her home. Markus carried out a little rocking chair, and the two (three, counting Lolo) of them sat there reading, and I sat inside smiling, listening to them until Ellie shut the door to keep out the cold breeze, and I felt how truly blessed I am with this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish I could open this. Nothing related to you tube can be opened at work! I WANT TO SEE IT!!!


ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

XXOO,

MOM