Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spoiled, but not rotten

This morning, Stephanie and I went to the beach and played in the sand with friends after dropping Ellie off at school. It was a beautiful day, and we had great fun!


On the way home, Stephanie was asking after Ellie and Markus ("Where Ellie? Where Papa?"). When I told her they were at school and at work, she asked why. "Because today is a school day and a work day," I explained...and I was struck with the realization of how blessed and lucky we are to be able to spend the morning playing at the beach while others go to work and to school. How spoiled we are!
And then I realized it would be more spoiled to have these opportunities and not take them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel guilty going to the beach with only my youngest. I mentioned that to my husband once and he told me that that {me going to the beach and having fun} was what made what he does worth it.

Jennifer said...

Hi Julia! Markus would say the same. It's all about the quality time with the kiddos when you have it. The fact that it happens to be a lot like playing hooky is just a bonus. ;)