Monday, February 22, 2010

Gettin' my groove back

An acute observer has remarked upon the light posting of late and almost no emails at all. The truth is I've been in a bit of a slump. Last week, we finally got work done on some of the issues in this house (hooray!), but that meant workmen in and around the house during Stephanie's usual naptime (i.e., 3 days without naps for a girl who normally takes a 2-3 hour nap every day; that also means my only good work time disappeared). When I picked Ellie up from school last Wednesday, she had the first case of other kids' germs for the year, which she shared with Stephanie, and she stayed home on Thursday. She recovered quickly (it seemed to be a 12 hour bug), and we had a great day together, but school again on Friday wore her out. Two overtired girls means lots of drama and woe, and we're all pretty darn tired. The weekend was nice but very quick. We're dog-paddling to keep our heads up until the long weekend this weekend (Australian Labour Day). And of course, we'll have a wonderful little someone's birthday to celebrate then too. In the meantime, I'll be working on gettin' my groove back both in person and online. Please be patient with me.

No comments: