Monday, July 07, 2008

Progress and a Request

On Friday, we made a little progress toward our move. First and most importantly, we sold our car! Someone at Markus's workplace waffled about it for ages (you have no idea how appalling the color white on a vehicle is to people here), but he finally realized that he would be foolish to pass it up for the steal of a price he negotiated. In addition to the peace of mind of having it sold, the good news on that is he isn't in any rush to pick it up. Since he's with the same company and knows about these international moves, he's going to wait a while before he sells his current car, so we can just keep using ours for a few more weeks. Also on Friday, the moving company sent a man to survey our stuff and evaluate how much time/manpower it would take to get it packed up and moved (the answer: A LOT). That motivated us to start weeding out things we've been meaning to weed out for ages, so we do feel we're making progress on the move. Of course, still no word on our visas, so no move date. We are the Limbo Kings.

You may or may not have noticed the ClustrMap addition to my sidebar of late. Being able to see many of the locations from which people log into our blog is fun, but much more fun would be knowing who you are! It's so discouraging to see entry after entry with zero comments. As Markus pointed out to me, most people browse the web for content and don't feel the need to leave a mark; understood. Even so, my request for today is please leave a comment, even if it's just this once, and let me know who and where you are and maybe how you found us. I'd really like to know!

11 comments:

Sven said...

To leave a comment: Limbach Family, Germany :-) Weekly Readers

Anonymous said...

Darling Dears,

I live in Virginia, near Washington,DC. I think you have he most delightful blogspot in the WORLD!!!!
I find reading your posts and browsing your pictures is always THE HIGHLIGHT of my day. I often sign anonymous, but you know me best as.......

MIMI

Karly said...

Well, my dear, you know I check daily on your blog...and we're in Mississippi, for now anyway :) I try to leave comments often, will do better :)

Glad you're making some progress on the move and I know you're happy that the car is sold. Can't wait to see where everyone else who reads is from!

Silly question, can I put myself on your map or does it automatically do it or do you do it? Just curious!

The Schutte Family said...

Liz here, fellow American living in The Hague. (i work at Sterre + Tijl) I found your blog this evening by googling Jennifer, The Hague, Perth. And there you were!!! Our blog is: http://www.familyschutte.blogspot.com

quinn said...

comment: Quinn here from Portland, Oregon. I check in a couple of times a week. Glad to hear the move is progress and that you sold your car.

My question... how do I make my dot BIGGER!?! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I've been traveling the Mainland but you know I've been checking in on you ... silently, but checking in, nonetheless!

De Happy Family said...

Weekly reader, an Asian family in Holland! I enjoy reading your blog!

Unknown said...

Hey Lady:
Where are y'all moving to??

Jennifer said...

Many thanks to those of you who have responded to my call for comments. I hope to see many more! There are some very mysterious dots on my map (you can make your dot bigger by coming back often)! And Lee, where have you been, chica? The Perth move has been in the works and on the blog for MONTHS! ;)

Anonymous said...

hi sorry Amelia and Matty don't often leave me time to write anything, but its great to keep up with how you're doing. Many of the things Ellie says/ does are so like Amelia... wish we could get the two of them together again sometime :)
Chris
ps we're back in houston now, but I put some of our pics from our recent Devon trip on facebook - are you on there?

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm Charlotte - we met at Tina's First Aid Course. I came across your site when I was googled "Bronovo Midwives" and have popped in a couple of times since.