Sunday, February 10, 2008

Belly pics

I have been nagging Markus for a while to take some belly pics. We thought of it after the fact with Ellie, and I wanted something to show for these nine months. Today, the weather turned gorgeous and gave us a great opportunity for pics at the beach, where we'd gone for a lunch picnic. I just wanted a simple side shot so we could see the belly so close to go-time, but we got the wonderful bonus of Ellie's belly love. Ellie LOVES the belly. Every day, she wants to look at it, talk to it, hold it, touch it, kiss it, hug it... She is sooooo sweet to the belly. Her love insists on seeing the bare belly up close and personal; none of this hiding beneath layers business (thus the exposed belly in the pics; this was Ellie's doing and insistence). As soon as I took off my jacket for the picture, she wanted to commune with the belly...so here we have the long-awaited belly pics with beautiful Ellie love too!





Each time after she's done a thorough touch/listen/look with the belly, Ellie asks, "Baby come out?" Not yet, sweetie. After contemplation, "When baby come out, Ellie hold it." She's going to be a wonderful big sister.

3 comments:

Karly said...

Love the pictures! They are so beautiful. Now, I just can't wait to see the new arrival whenever he or she arrives! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gail Weaver said...

That may be the sweetest thing ever. Definite cuteness overload.

PS. Plese don't have the baby until Friday. I'm really competetive and want to win. Oh, and make sure it's a girl. I want to be really, really right.

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! I'm happy to have them myself.

Both of you instinctively felt 12th vibes but went with other dates. The 12th would have fit the 37 week predictions made by three ladies including myself...but alas, the day seems to be passing uneventfully. Looks like you were right to pick different dates. This means my guess is out. For most of the pregnancy, I've thought girl during week 37, as did both other women. Now my local girlfriend has switched to Markus's camp and is betting on a boy close to the due date (in the 20s). I'm just getting impatient (in which case, your winning would be great for me too, gail)!