Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ellie had a check-up with her pediatrician in New Orleans yesterday (all's well!), so we just spent the night at a friend's house and flew out to Virginia this morning. All in all, in New Orleans less than 24 hours, but had a happy New Orleans moment just the same. This morning, we woke up early, so Ellie and I headed to the Bluebird Cafe for breakfast. Two gentlemen in their 60s(?) were arriving at the same time we were. One of them, wearing large square sunglasses and a straw cowboy hat stood pondering the new parking meter until I showed him how it worked. Once inside the cafe, they took seats at the counter and Ellie and I claimed a table. Halfway trough breakfast, my waitress came over to my table, clearly trying to suppress a giggle, and said, "One of the gentlemen at the counter would like to buy your milk."
Tee-hee!
I love New Orleans.

No comments: