Wednesday, September 15, 2010

From the weekend

I returned from two nights in Sydney to find a new game: "Haircuts"




Apparently, the girls spent a lot of time "cutting" each other's hair with chopsticks. Stephanie in particular loves this game. Given her proclivity for mischief, I am waiting until I find the chopsticks have been replaced with scissors... At the same time, I am very thankful that she usually asks before she tries something she thinks will be off limits. A "no" answer doesn't necessarily stop her, but she does usually ask first.

On Sunday, we sucked up the family time. We laughed and played all day! Love it! In the afternoon, we decided to go for a trail walk in Perry Lakes. We couldn't have been more than 100 feet from the car before Ellie was whining that her legs hurt and she couldn't walk, she needed to be carried. Oh, the drama. Stephanie, of course, needed to be carried too. Thankfully, they got into the spirit about halfway through the walk, and by the end, they were running ahead and bounding around and generally having a blast!






Later at home, Stephanie's impish side was still in full swing!



We really think her true nature is fully captured when wearing this hat (photos from this afternoon):




Markus is away in India for work until the end of next week, so this Mama is flying solo since yesterday afternoon. The girls have been handling it really well, especially considering the numerous big changes that happened all in a row. First, Mimi here for the first time in a long time. Then, Mimi goes and Mama goes with her. Then, Mama comes back and we're all together for a couple of days before Papa goes. It's a lot for them. They need extra love and patience, and I am doing my best to give it to them. These days are quite draining, and I find myself checking the clock for my bedtime by around 8:30pm. When Markus is gone, I sleep very lightly. It's like my body responds to every tiny little noise, just to be sure all is well when I'm solely responsible. I imagine by the end of next week, I'll be too exhausted for this response, but for now, I'd better shift to earlier bedtime to compensate.

No comments: