Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Stop the presses!

I've been meaning to pull out my soapbox to report several serious infractions of spelling and grammar of late (to the owners of "You Niquely U Weight Loss": you should be ashamed of yourselves!), but that will have to wait for another day because I have new and even better material! One of the three cover stories of today's Sun Herald newspaper must be shared. No, there are no serious infractions as such to report, though one has to admit it must be a very slow news day indeed to print a headline that proclaims:

"Catty teens pitch a hissy"

I am not making this up, people (I've attached a photo for proof)! My favorite line from the (two page) story reads:

"Witnesses said the fight erupted with two potty-mouth girls exchanging wild haymakers near the front entrance and ended with several of the bunch tangled in a hair-yanking, face-scratching nest of rage."

I don't know what "wild haymakers" are, but this is journalism at its best! Presidential campaigning, politics, war in Iraq, Afganistan, Iran...please, step aside! I now know all I need to know for the day. I am done. Please excuse me while I dissolve into dismay (and giggles).



p.s. for those of you who notice the prime headline of little boy hero with a bit of dismay, try to keep in mind Southern values and realize that is to be considered valid top story material here and is not to be mocked

No comments: