Thursday, April 19, 2007

Motherhood isn't for wimps

Speaking as someone who is admittedly sensitive, I have to say that becoming a mother has increased my sensitivity on all topics relating to children and babies at least tenfold (if not hundred-fold). Classic example: Ellie really enjoys watching the Pixar shorts we have downloaded from iTunes. To provide some variety, I also downloaded several of the Disney shorts for her. I remember watching them on the Disney Channel when I was a child, and I liked them. One I specifically remembered and downloaded is "The Ugly Duckling." Well, now it seems I CAN'T WATCH IT. That sweet, good-natured little swan hatches, and no one wants him. The duck whom he thinks is his mother is mean to him and rejects him. The only acceptance he finds is from a decoy, until it bonks him on the head while bobbing in the water. He cries and is miserable and all alone, and I CAN'T STAND IT! I cry every time! I even start crying of happiness when the mother swan finally finds and embraces him.
And don't even get me started on "The Little Matchgirl."
This did not happen pre-birth.
Sensitive women be warned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy, I'm hosed.

Jennifer said...

No kidding.
;)