Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Urban Babies Wear Black

When Ellie was born, we bought a funny board book called "Urban Babies Wear Black". Each page has a different yuppie-baby thing: urban babies jog, urban babies do yoga, urban babies drink latte... It's this last one that caught our minds when we took Ellie out this week. She was happily spooning the froth off my coffee drink when I looked at Markus and quoted, "Urban babies drink latte." Immediately, our cheerful little myna bird grinned and shouted, "LATTE!" How many 20 month olds have that in their vocab banks, I ask you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah... a fellow coffee drinker in the making :)

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you tell me that there indeed was a manual for my brother and sister-in-law? I'm going to have to get this book, so I can understand their form of parenting! :)

Anonymous said...

Fooey, I hate when my brain goes faster than my fingers!!!! I was supposed to put my name on the last post, but in case you didn't know it was from me, Azure.